YES, WE ARE OPEN!
Patients are welcome to come to the office. Please be assured that my office is implementing all advised CDC protocols for prevention of the Caronavirus (Covid19) transmission. As your Doctor of Chiropractic my chief priority is always the health and safety of my patients. Doctor’s offices, including Chiropractic offices fall into the classification of an “Essential Business” since Chiropractic supports the health and healing of the body as well as helping the body to cope with stress. Often in times of uncertainty, there can be a wealth of misinformation spread, especially in today’s digital age. I wanted to reach out to all my patients regarding the Caronavirus (Covid-19), and to let you know the steps I am taking to alleviate any potential concerns.
At this time I am advising all patients who fit into the following criteria to contact my office via phone or email, and remain home until further notice:
1) If at present you are experiencing any symptoms of a cold or have more serious symptoms including a persistent cough, shortness of breath and/or fever, I advise that you stay home, contact your family physician and avoid contact with the public until further notice.
2) If you have recently traveled out of the country, a self-quarantine of 14 days has been advised by the CDC at this time.
According to the latest reports from the CDC and other national healthcare providers, the current health risks are minimal for most age groups. Higher risk is considered to be more prevalent and/or severe in the elderly population and those that have underlying health conditions. I recommend that ALL my patients wash their hands frequently, avoid close contact with people that are sick, and stay home if you aren’t feeling well. At my office I am following strict cleaning policies for the protection of both myself and my patients via rigorous personal hygiene standards as well as preparing for every patient interaction. I am using hospital-grade disinfectants across the entire office, with extensive cleaning of the treatment table hand rests, as well as sanitizing my hands after each patient treatment to ensure a safe and clean environment. I am also adhering to social distancing guidelines in the waiting room via the positioning of chairs and timely scheduling of patients.
NEW TELE-HEALTH CONSULTING SERVICES
I AM NOW OFFERING VIRTUAL APPOINTMENTS VIA CELLPHONE OR ZOOM VIDEO CONFERENCING
All experts in public health are promoting every means available to support one’s immune system during this pandemic. This includes adequate sleep, good nutrition, exercise, stress reduction and proper hygiene. For current patients and new patients who prefer to not physically come to my office during this time, we can now connect virtually to assist you with a variety of health-related issues. While I can only provide chiropractic treatments in my office, Tele-Consulting allows me to help you in other very important ways to improve your health and well-being during these stressful times. Virtual sessions can be scheduled up to 15 or 30 minutes via cell phone or Zoom, which is free and easy to access on your cell phone or computer. Please contact my office to discuss fees. Below are the Tele-services available:
1) Injury and Pain – If you are suffering from a recent injury or have any type of musculoskeletal pain, I may able to provide diagnosis and treatment recommendations to you or family members via teleconferencing.
2) Dietary recommendations and weight loss consulting, including the doctor-supervised Chirothin weight loss program where you can safely lose 20-40 lb. in six weeks.
3) Nutritional counseling for support of the immune system, digestion, sleep, stress reduction and general well being. I am a distributor for Designs for Health, a science-based company with strict safety control measures whose superior quality products are only sold through healthcare practitioners.
4) Exercise counseling and guidance – I can show you proper exercise techniques to avoid injury, provide strength and increase flexibility.
5) Private breathing/meditation session to learn techniques on how to alleviate stress and anxiety through breath and mindfulness exercises.
Please understand that the most important aspect of this present crisis is to remain calm and know that the information is changing daily with updates that will provide additional content and allow for future actions. Rest assured I am following local and national updates daily and will continue to maintain the highest level of safety and patient care that you have come to expect. If you have any questions regarding your appointments, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Steven Goodstein